Jira down frequently on my server

rajesh174u May 15, 2014

Hi All,

In our firm Jira installed on linux server.But it down sometime and we couldn't find why its happaning.

After the restart it works fine.

So could you help which log file is better to collect the error info and how we can find the cause of the issue?

regards,

Rajesh

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2014

Hi Rajesh,

the first thing that I suggest to do is to increase JVM parameters https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/CBc

This is a very usual approach to increase JIRA performances in order to avoid OutOfMemory issues.

Moreover, I suggest to install JAVA Melody plugins for jira monitoring.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

atlassian-jira.log and catalina.out and syslog

rajesh174u May 15, 2014

2014-05-15 13:03:46,874 TP-Processor66 WARN helmut.mischka 775x221112x48 10z3ht0 10.110.27.57 /rest/gadget/1.0/issueTable/filter [NoModule] Could not find JDBC driver class named com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

This should not stop Jira.

rajesh174u May 15, 2014

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 1 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 1 milliseconds ago.)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.getIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:110)

is this cause?

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2014

Don't know if it is the cause, but you should fix it anyway, it's not correct behavior.

Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2014

Rajesh

It seems that either you are having a network or database problem with is causing the connection to the DB fail. I'd check the database server health and logs to see if it the DB is oscilating from unhealthy to healthy state. In addition you can tune your dbconfig.xml to survive connection closures. You may refer thi KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Surviving+Connection+Closures

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer