Jira does not start (plugins have yet to be enabled...)

Raz July 18, 2018

Hi,

I first time installed jira-server , but when i started it "JIRA-Bootstrap INFO      [c.a.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (198):" this is freezing until timeout.

I gived a lot of time for loading plugins but it  doesn't work somehow... I disabled anti-virus  and configured JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=1G  JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=2G but still same...

Please help me.

2 answers

0 votes
Şükrü TURGUT August 30, 2020

Is there any solutions for this problem.

I had the same issue.

Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (40) and jira server not started because of plugins. 

Tried everything. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018
Raz July 19, 2018

Thank you for quick respond, i gived 4000 and none of them loaded :( still says " [c.a.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (198)"

Raz July 19, 2018

It can be java version or something in environment variable. I have version 10.0.2 java . Can you share your version and environment variables?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

Jira does not support 10.0.2. I must be 1.8. You can find technical requirement here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/supported-platforms-802592168.html

Raz July 19, 2018

Can i use 10.0.2 for netbeans and , 1.8 for jira? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

You can

Raz July 19, 2018

How?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

Install two Java's on your machine. set JAVA_HOME to 1.8. Launch NetBeans and choose java path to 10.0.2

Raz July 19, 2018

I set JAVA_HOME  C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_181   and restarted. But still says wrong JVM :(

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

try to execute java -version

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

What is your operating system?

Raz July 19, 2018

windows x64 

java - version => java version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)

Do we need JRE_HOME ? ( like JAVA_HOME)

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

Have a look in the PATH variable. Try to put the path to the java.exe file from Java 1.8 first in the PATH variable.

Raz July 19, 2018

I looked. Java 10.0.2 doesn't written in path variable. 

PATH variable has just C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_181   and some others. (not java)

I am not sure i choose the right java 1.8  i setup jdk-8u181-windows-x64 .

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

As far as I remember there is something like java configuration menu option the the start menu. Try it.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

or configure java. Something like this. You can set there the default java home

Raz July 19, 2018

I fixed Java -version java version "1.8.0_181"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

but still says wrong JVM

I found https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59656

If i change check-java.bat it's fixed. But i don't know. What do you suggest ?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018
Raz July 19, 2018

I did same but some how it says wrong jvm . if i change check-java then the error (Plugins that have yet to be enabled) continue.....

I don't know what to do next.

Raz July 19, 2018

I uploaded log file. (JIRA\HOME\log) https://we.tl/bNbw0zLJwT

Maybe it can give you an idea...

Can database do that? I didn't change H2...

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

You have a problem with the database. Try to reinstall Jira from scratch

Raz July 19, 2018

Okay but i don't know how to connect PostgreSQL. Is there an any tutorial or a video?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018
Raz July 19, 2018

You are awsome! Thank you so much!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

You are welcome!

Raz July 20, 2018

I installed postgreSQL. I used config.bat ( in jira\bin) and test connection is success. But still i get same error. 

I really feel in a nightmare.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2018

Did you connect your new database to your Jira instance? You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/connecting-jira-applications-to-a-database-861253039.html

Raz July 21, 2018

I think i did. dbconfig file is configured. config.bat says connection is success. when i open psql and test it with \z All has my user.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2018

Could you show your logs again?

Raz July 21, 2018
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2018

I think there is a problem with database encoding. are you sure it is Unicode?

Did you create your database with this command?

CREATE DATABASE jiradb WITH ENCODING 'UNICODE' LC_COLLATE 'C' LC_CTYPE 'C' TEMPLATE template0;
Raz July 21, 2018

Yes i created with that command. I think UNICODE is same. https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/multibyte.html 

I checked and i see jira did create table in database.

I was installed 9.3 postgreSQL now , i am installing 9.6.

When i setup it, it asked for " select the locale to be used by the new database cluster jira" Can this effect UNICODE ? I am a bit confused.

I updated software but nothing changed. :(

Raz July 21, 2018

I think i found problem. Database has 175 tables but all of them is empty.

SELECT * FROM pluginstate;

this returns empty. Is that normal? 

Suggest an answer