Jira does not start. Wrong Java Path?

Oliver Kierepka February 15, 2014

When i try to start my self hosted version of jira via the command ./start-jira.sh i get the following error in catalina.out logfile:

/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/catalina.sh: Line 389: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/bin/java: Not a file or directory

I found out that the path (/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/bin/java) seems to be wrong. In the path there is (.../bin/bin/...). The java file actually is located in /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/java. How can i edit this path in jira so the java file would be found?

my server infos:
x86_64 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS

Thank you for your help

2 answers

0 votes
Oliver Kierepka February 15, 2014

i set the JRE_HOME in setenv.sh manually to the jira jre path. now that works fine. but now its a performance problem :) catalina.out says: Could not reserve enough space for object heap

i immediately ordered a bigger vserver at my hoster. from mid of next week on i will have a dual core driven, 8gb RAM, Linux Sever running Ubuntu and with NO PLESK anymore.

I think with this machine jira will work much better.

i will post my experiences asap.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2014

Odd, I'd check the "setenv.sh" file to begin with - that's the usual place to do environment stuff

Suggest an answer