Jira does not have the CC Assignee and CC Watcher option for mail handler

Manju Nambiar February 5, 2013

Our JIRA system does not give me the above mentioned options for the mail handler. Can I add them?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manju Nambiar February 21, 2013

The option was available in the "Create New Issue from Mail" handler

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2013

Could you tell us which version of Jira you are using and which documentation you are looking at (the stuff that tells you the CC options are available)?

Hi Nic,

Version 5.0.1, Build Number 721

Looking at -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

-Manju

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2013

Mmm, well, I sort of expected a mismatch between the version of Jira and the docs, but https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email has those flags too.

The next question is what handler you have chosen? Not all of them have CC options...

How do I check which handler I have?

Are you referring to "IMAP Service" handler?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2013

No, that's not a "handler", that's a "mail service".

A mail service connects to the mailbox and picks up mail

A handler tells Jira how to process messages that the service shows it.

Your service is (probably) fine. You need to look for the handler section in the documentation, not the service. If you're looking at your "incoming mail" page in the admin section of Jira, then try clicking "edit" on an existing one - you'll see the option to change the "handler" - the list offered matches the handler titles in the doc.

Oh, I see what you mean - handler is "Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body". I see one for "Create issue...". I will test with that one.

Thanks, Nick.

Suggest an answer