Jira documentation enhancement

Deleted user December 12, 2011

It would be extremely helpful for newbies, and probably experienced users, to have some visual indication in the left hand TOC column for JIRA Administration options where you are in the grand scheme of things. For example, if I am managing the issue types then Issue Settings + Issue Types should be highlighted (or at a minimum Issue Types).

I find as I click around in the various fields I am often referred to the bottom of the pages well below the TOC. After I figure out what I wanted to do and where on the page I forget where I may have come from without this visual indication. This would also be useful for learning what options in the TOC adjust what properties on the right hand side. The terms tend to all blend together since they are only subtly different.

1 answer

0 votes
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2011

Sounds as if you were referring to JIRA <= 4.3. Try the JIRA 4.4 Administration panel - it looks a lot clearer :-)

Deleted user December 12, 2011

I have to get the sys admin's here to install 4.4 to check it out. Will get back to you at some point. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events