Jira desktop version on Android

Hi all,

using an Android phone with the default web broswer, I face a strange behaviour:

• if I use the "mobile JIRA version", if I click on a favourite filter, JIRA shows me the filter results
  • If I use the "desktop JIRA version", if I click on the same favourite filter, JIRA doesn't show me any result.

This strange behaviour occours only if I use the Android's default Internet browser. If I use any other browser, like Chrome for example, everything works good.

My JIRA version is 6.3.15 and I use an 'on premise' installation.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

Hey Stefan,

According to the supported platforms page JIRA only supports the default android browser (4.0.3 to latest) only on the on the "Mobile views":

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA063/Supported+Platforms

Android default browser is not supported using the desktop JIRA version.

Thanks and Regards,

Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!

The JIRA Mobile interface will indicate custom fields in the issue points of interest screen. Custom fields that have their own custom field renderer won't show on the JIRA Mobile interface. Many Android app development companies suggests that you should change to the desktop interface to see these fields.

Thanks a lot!

However I'm thinking it is a strange thing.... I will open an improvement's request to Atlassian in order to support also the desktop version....

Hello Stefan,

To view a the desktop site on the android tablet/phone with the native app (default internet broswer) you need to swith the user agent. Here is how you can do it:

1) Open the default internet browser

2) On the menu go to settings

3) Advanced

4) Debug (if you do not have the debug field, you have to enable it writing: About:debug in the address bar)

5) Select the UAstring, then desktop version (you can also select Chrome 18 or higher)

Hope this will be useful for you,

All the best,

Sergio

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,968 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot