Jira desktop version on Android

Stefano De Gaetano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Hi all,

using an Android phone with the default web broswer, I face a strange behaviour:

• if I use the "mobile JIRA version", if I click on a favourite filter, JIRA shows me the filter results
  • If I use the "desktop JIRA version", if I click on the same favourite filter, JIRA doesn't show me any result.

This strange behaviour occours only if I use the Android's default Internet browser. If I use any other browser, like Chrome for example, everything works good.

My JIRA version is 6.3.15 and I use an 'on premise' installation.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Hey Stefan,

According to the supported platforms page JIRA only supports the default android browser (4.0.3 to latest) only on the on the "Mobile views":

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA063/Supported+Platforms

Android default browser is not supported using the desktop JIRA version.

Thanks and Regards,

Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!
Kenya Chavez October 26, 2017

The JIRA Mobile interface will indicate custom fields in the issue points of interest screen. Custom fields that have their own custom field renderer won't show on the JIRA Mobile interface. Many Android app development companies suggests that you should change to the desktop interface to see these fields.

0 votes
DLSAPK September 2, 2023

I find it rather peculiar, but I'm inclined to initiate an enhancement request with Atlassian to advocate for better integration with the desktop version. This particular matter piques my curiosity, and I believe there's ample room for improvement in this regard. Apart from this, there is much more for which you have to visit the special Site.

0 votes

Hello Stefan,

To view a the desktop site on the android tablet/phone with the native app (default internet broswer) you need to swith the user agent. Here is how you can do it:

1) Open the default internet browser

2) On the menu go to settings

3) Advanced

4) Debug (if you do not have the debug field, you have to enable it writing: About:debug in the address bar)

5) Select the UAstring, then desktop version (you can also select Chrome 18 or higher)

Hope this will be useful for you,

All the best,

Sergio

0 votes
Stefano De Gaetano
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2015

Thanks a lot!

However I'm thinking it is a strange thing.... I will open an improvement's request to Atlassian in order to support also the desktop version....

Suggest an answer