Jira database backup from 5.2 to 6.2?

Suresh September 28, 2014

Hi All,

we have Development,production JIRA version 5.2

we have plane to migrate Dev JIRA to 6.2 version.After migrating 6.2 version.we would take production 5.2 database backup to Dev JIRA 6.2.

In both versions plugin version are different.

could we get any errors.while taking database backup from 5.2 to 6.2? 

Please suggest us to steps to be taken care.

Thanks In Adavance.

3 answers

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2014

Hi Kite,

The only errors that I can think of is if there are incompatible plugins in the JIRA 6.2 instance or any incompatibility with JIRA's Supported Platforms. If that's all correctly configured you should be able to import JIRA 5.2 data directly with no problems. smile

If you face any problems with that, please let us know!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2014

Bear in mind that this is an *upgrade* not a "restore a backup". You should treat it as an upgrade, and follow the upgrading instructions in the documentation.

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2014

Hello Kite,

Considering an instance without any third party plugins and everything according to the supported platforms for that version, you should face no errors in your approach. Since I'm not aware of your environment, I couldn't tell for sure if you are going to have errors or not. I guess the best thing to do would be to try it out in your dev instance first. Just make sure to have everything backed up!

Furthermore, if you would like to take a look, here is our documentation for upgrading JIRA:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA

Cheers

Suggest an answer