Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Megha

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2013

Generally, you should use data version = same as mid-level release version. I.e. if your Jira version is 5.2.x then your data version should be 5.2

There is a good reason it's not hard-coded for you. When you specify version X, the plugin kit downloads a pre-set block of data for that version and uses it for your dev system. Most of the time, that's great, but sometimes, you are specifically wanting to test the upgrade process. My most complex plugin currently has Jira version 6, but data version 5.0, because that's what the client needed to do. (It's not very interesting putting the data on a higher version, but at least you get to test the "this version of Jira is too old for your data" message)

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013

this is what we are using

<properties>
		<jira.version>5.2.5</jira.version>
		<jira.data.version>5.2.5</jira.data.version>
	</properties>

Megha K Y September 19, 2013

thanks a lot.

Regards,

Megha

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013

for 5.0.7, we gave as

<jira.version>5.0.7</jira.version>

<jira.data.version>5.0</jira.data.version>

Suggest an answer