&lt;properties&gt;
		&lt;jira.version&gt;5.2.5&lt;/jira.version&gt;
		&lt;jira.data.version&gt;5.2.5&lt;/jira.data.version&gt;
	&lt;/properties&gt;

thanks a lot.

Regards,

Megha

This widget could not be displayed.

Generally, you should use data version = same as mid-level release version. I.e. if your Jira version is 5.2.x then your data version should be 5.2

There is a good reason it's not hard-coded for you. When you specify version X, the plugin kit downloads a pre-set block of data for that version and uses it for your dev system. Most of the time, that's great, but sometimes, you are specifically wanting to test the upgrade process. My most complex plugin currently has Jira version 6, but data version 5.0, because that's what the client needed to do. (It's not very interesting putting the data on a higher version, but at least you get to test the "this version of Jira is too old for your data" message)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

137 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you