Jira cutting out scrpits from description of fields on create issue pop-up.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hello.

I have following problem: when I click "Create issue" and the issue creation pop-up appears it cuts out any javascript that is attached in the fields or in their descriptions. Script is executed once on the load and then disappears from the code.

I added a <script></script> with some jquery to the description of particular field.

When I open "Create issue" link in new tab, everything is ok - script sits comfortably under the field and is doing his job:

However, when I click the very same "Create issue" it creates issue creation pop-up (probably ajax powered) that strips ANY script from the loded code:

It seems like ajax is cutting out any script on the load. Is there any workaround for this? I really need some simple jquery to be attached to the code to manipulate visibility, values and style of screen depending on user actions.

Field templates are far too poor (can't set default values for system fields).

Velocity templates can do only a small portion of what I need.

I don't have time to learn coding of behaviors plugin.

jQuery is exactly what I need, but it gets cut out...

2 answers

2 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013
1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

You should check this stuff. It was created especially for this kind of problems:

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/How+%27Live+Fields%27+work#HowLiveFieldswork-Example

Suggest an answer