Jira custom field colour option

Jenin CM July 9, 2013

Hi All,

I need to have a cascading select list field where the cascading option of one of value should be a colour. for eg . Project -> Atlas -> Red/Amber/Green. Where Red, Amber or Green should appear as a colour.

Is this possible to acheive in Jira?

Thanks and Regards,

Jenin

6 answers

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

So do you want the actual field to be the colour or is it ok for the issue to appear with a colour on the side in the tag section?

0 votes
Jenin CM July 9, 2013

Not the field but the sub-value of the cascading select list field as colour.

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

If I understand what you are saying. You want different colours for different projects? you could configure your board card colours by queries and set a jql expression for each project and give each a separate colour. project = "project a" have the colour be red... and so on.

0 votes
Jenin CM July 9, 2013

Actually, the colour is not for the project but its for the sub-values of a cascading select list fields.

Like I say, there is a cascading select list field i.e ProjectStatus which has a value say ProjectX..now the subvalues for this Project X should be Red, Green or Amber so I need instead of displaying subvalue as Red, I will have a red colour getting displayed on the screen so if I select subvalue as Red, on my view issue screen it should be displaying this colour.

0 votes
Jenin CM July 9, 2013

This one is a select list, I need a cascading select list

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2013

Suggest an answer