Jira creates issue only when received a special email?

sam ye October 12, 2016

Jira can create task when received a email, but it will delete the email all I received (I don' t want to delete email). I want jira to create issue only when it received the special email (not all). what should I do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2016

This is a setting on the incoming mailserver setting in JIRA administration. The item in the config is on the second page (in JIRA 7.1.9) and called Bulk: "Delete the email permanently" will cause the behavior you are seeing, switching this to "Accept the email for processing" will leave the email (read) on the mailserver.

sam ye October 13, 2016

But it will still delete the email after creating JIRA issue!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2016

If it doesn't delete the email, it's going to keep reprocessing it.

Your "I don't want to delete the email" gives JIRA no way out of reprocessing loops, and you're going to have to change it.  An easy trick is based on a secondary mailbox with a copy of everything in the main mailbox - then JIRA can delete what it wants without affecting the primary one.

Suggest an answer