Jira create issue by email, autoreply and crm

Stefanos Tzachristas December 29, 2013

Hello,

i am a begginer to JIRA. i need to implement the following:

1) get email messages from inbox and automatically create issue.
2) Auto reply back to user (without creating user account) his issue ID.
3) i have installed CRM but cannot access it. how?
4) i need through CRM to create recurring tasks which inform when settled.

Are these possible through JIRA?

regards
Stefanos

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2013

1) This can be done with Jira's email handlers. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

2) This cannot be done - Jira only sends emails to known accounts, which means you need to create Jira users if you want to email them. If you were not using OnDemand, then you could install other handlers that can cope with this (although it's worth mentioning that emailing non-Jira users with Jira data should be considered with your security models in mind - you could be leaking potentially secure data if you use one of the functions that email non-Jira users)

3 & 4) Not sure what you mean by "installed CRM"? Jira is not a CRM system, but can be integrated with them - could you explain what you've done here?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2013

1) This can be done with Jira's email handlers. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

2) This cannot be done - Jira only sends emails to known accounts, which means you need to create Jira users if you want to email them. If you were not using OnDemand, then you could install other handlers that can cope with this (although it's worth mentioning that emailing non-Jira users with Jira data should be considered with your security models in mind - you could be leaking potentially secure data if you use one of the functions that email non-Jira users)

3 & 4) Not sure what you mean by "installed CRM"? Jira is not a CRM system, but can be integrated with them - could you explain what you've done here?

Suggest an answer