Jira crashes when using crowd authentication with Fisheye/Crucible

Jeff Storey April 20, 2012

I've been using Jira/Confluence and recently started evaluating Fisheye/Crucible. I've setup Fisheye/Crucible to use crowd authentication (to authenticate against the Jira user database) and Jira seems to now crash frequently with the error (I've included the top of the stack - the whole thing is very long):

I think it is related to this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3495?page=com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin%3Aactivity-stream-issue-tab but I don't have single sign on enabled.

Apr 19, 2012 9:14:50 PM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.service.controller.TokenController.createSession(TokenController.java:170)
        at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.service.controller.TokenController.authenticateUserWithoutValidatingPassword(TokenController.java:102)
        at com.atlassian.crowd.plugin.rest.service.resource.TokenResource.authenticateUser(TokenResource.java:80)

If I stop Fisheye/Crucible, then this stops happening, so I think that is the cause. Any ideas why this happens or how to work around it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Storey April 25, 2012

I didn't choose a jira group to synchronize with. Now that I have, this problem seems to be fixed.

Suggest an answer