Jira contact administrator form does not work after following the instructions

Vijay Koleti November 5, 2019

Contact administrator form does not load and still shows it is not configured in our Jira instance.

Followed this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver083/configuring-the-administrator-contact-form-976768554.html

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hi Vijay,

I understand that you are trying to configure the contact administrator form, but even after following the steps in the documentation, you are still not seeing this.

In order to enable this feature, you need to have Jira first configured to use an SMTP mail server so that the contact form can send an email to the administrator.  Once that is setup, then you should be able to enable that contact form, however you need to make sure that you scroll to the bottom of that page and press the Update button, or else the contact form will not be enabled. When you do, your end users can then visit the URL /secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa in order to use that form.  

Try that first, and then see if anyone can reach that URL directly. 

If that doesn't help, could you let me know

• What version of Jira you are using here?
  • Have you tried to enable this with a different browser?  Or when using private/incognito mode?

Please let me know the results.

Andy

Suggest an answer