Jira - cloud hosting by datacenter in Europe?

Juraj Plancar October 19, 2016

Hello,

I would like to ask, if it is possible to use Jira - cloud hosting by datacenter in Europe? Unfortunately it is company policy. Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

As announced at the last Atlassian Summit, a first European data-center (located in Ireland) is now available.

You can Sign-up for our public beta offering and be one of the first customers to have their data hosted in Europe by going to:
- https://www.atlassian.com/trust/infrastructure

Best Regards,
Dario
Atlassian Cloud Support

Rob Geraedts March 29, 2018

Dear Dario,

While searching for information on data security in relation with the new EU GDPR legislation, I like to know if it is possible to have our Jira/Confluence Cloud instanced "moved" to servers that are hosted within the EU. We might be forced to stop using Jira if this cannot be done.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Rob Geraedts
Manager Operations Simac QuadCore Automation
The Netherlands

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2018

Please raise this as a support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact - we're end users here, not full support, and Dario may not see or get to your question as fast as you'd like.  Support will see it faster.

I know you can have an instance on the Irish data center.  I don't know if Atlassian will move it for you (worst case, buy a new one in Ireland and move your data from old to new, but hopefully Atlassian can move it without you having to do that!)

Robert Coenen January 31, 2019

Any updates on this? I Can't believe Atlasssian picked Iceland as "European" data center. Iceland is not in the EU. Why not a data center in Germany, Netherlands, etc?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Hi @Robert Coenen,

Please notice that the data-center you are referring to is in IReland and not in ICeland.

Then, Frankfurt and Singapore data-centers were announced at Euro Summit 2018. There is no ETA for this yet but please keep an eye on https://www.atlassian.com/trust/reliability/infrastructure for updates.

Like Tanja Schmidt likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2019

I think you mis-read Ireland ?

Robert Coenen January 31, 2019

You are correct, I misread that completely (time for glasses? getting old? :-) ) Ok so that is solved. Thanks!

Like Dario B likes this
Alexei Ferreira April 10, 2019

There is a new one on Frankfurt that I just learned in the Atlassian Summit 2019.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

All JIRA cloud servers are spread over datacenters in the US according to https://www.atlassian.com/trust/policies/cloud-security

Guess you can raise a request to make them provision a datacenter here, if interest is large enough.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2016

They're looking at it seriously - the biggest client bases are the US, Germany and then the UK, and as it's illegal to hold certain types of data in the US, there's a significant need for one in Europe.  I think the UK has lost the deal because the data centre will need to be in the EU to cover the market properly, but they are looking at a European data centre.

henrik Linderbäck November 24, 2016

Hi, 

We are in same situation, it would be great if JIRA could get european data centers.

Any news on this matter? timeplan?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2016

I've got nothing new.

Tomra Admin externer Account February 14, 2017

hi all,

we have the same request, a datacentre in europe / germany.

we use JIRA service desk already an have from time to time performance issues. most likly based on the fact that the datacentres are only in the US. we expirience these performance issues only during afternoon hours in germany (UTC+1hour).

our data protection officer would be sleeping also much better if the data of us would be stored in europe / germany.

thanks.

br, andre

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2017

No change yet.

Suggest an answer