Jira cloning issue with different status than parent

Oh Well January 21, 2015

Hello,

I would like to ask you about cloning. In one of my project I tried to clone issue and i noticed that outcome was issue with different status e.g. i was cloning issue with status In Progress and outcome of cloning was clone with status Open, status that precedes In Progress.

In other projects it clones with same statuses. Do you know where could be problem? I cant find anything.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

Cloning an issue means creating a new issue with all attributes of the old one. The only difference is, it will be in the initial status of the corresponding workflow. 

Oh Well January 21, 2015

silly me then, thanks (:

Oh Well January 21, 2015

one more question then, dont you know if there is any option/addon i can use to clone issue on post function part?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

I guess scriptruner plugin can achieve this: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions#PostFunctions-Cloneissuewithdependencylink There might be other plugins out there as well ...

Oh Well January 21, 2015

Many thanks, I will look into it.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2015

Suggest an answer