Jira certification and official courses

SIZWE_MKHIZE March 26, 2016

Good morning.

My role in an new organisation I am working for is to the PM for all projects. Thus I am responsible for the delivery and implementation of all our agile projects that will be going forward. We are a small team that is growing ... but Ive got some critical projects that are coming with big clients and I have to deliver.

Ive opted to switch to JIRA because MS  Project is just not suitable for agile software projects. But I need to get to grasps with the tool very quickly. 

My functions will be both as a PM on JIRA and as a Administrator for the tool for the organisation. I would like to know if the following courses from the JIRA University are worth it:

1. JIRA Admin Part 1: Project Configuration
  2. JIRA Admin Part 2: User Management and Schemes

I think these are the two courses I need in the immediate to get me going in the tool. I would appreciate an opinion on somehow has done them before and if I would always have access to the video once I have purchased it for future reference.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sizwe

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2016

Yes, you're right, those two are a good start, and other courses on there can help you with other subjects.

In the long run, you might want to keep an eye on https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification - that's for the formal certifications Atlassian will be producing in June.

SIZWE_MKHIZE March 27, 2016

Thank you.

I think I will actually go for that certification.

Regards,

Sizwe

Suggest an answer