Jira - can't log in with recovery_admin account, login page loops

Taylor Huston September 22, 2019

Hello,

So we are trying to iron out a process to copy our Jira DC instance into another region in AWS. Right now I am just working on trying to get one node up.

I've copied over and restored the RDS, that looks fine.

I've set up a Peer connection and mounted the old EFS volume of the shared home to the proper directory, it looks like all of the permissions are correct.

I've added edited the setenv.sh so that

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Datlassian.recovery.password=temppass"

Jira seem to boot up fine, though it takes an abnormally long time (I'm thinking because it's trying to find/sync with the other nodes that are no longer there, I am seeing a lot of "2019-09-22 19:10:54,092 localq-stats-0 INFO [c.a.j.c.distribution.localq.LocalQCacheManager] Cache replication queue stats per node: ......." in the logs), but once I get to the Dashboard I can't login.

When I put in the correct username and password the Dashboard just refreshes. No error or anything, and I am tailing catalina.out while doing so, not noticing anything in there either.

If I put in an intentionally incorrect password it does give me an error, so I don't think it's that.

Sometimes I can login by going through the login link in the top right, but when I need to re-authenticate to do anything administrative I get the same login looping issue.

And I've attempted all of this in an incognito window so I don't think it's a weird cookie issue. I've also rebooted the Jira node and tried from multiple computers.

0 answers

Suggest an answer