Jira behind forefront threat management gateway, can't get applinks to work

moxin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hi, i have a server where Jira is installed i can access it from local network and through internet.

i want to create application link with my Confluence install which is also a local server and can be accessed through internet.

Both of these installs are (EDIT: ON SAME SERVER NOW) behind proxy server or microsoft forefront threat management gateway to be specific.

I cannot make Application link, whenever i add an application link and add server URL (which is an IP address) to gives an error, sometimes it gives a timeout error, and sometimes proxy error.

What is the correct configuration for proxy settings if both of these servers are behind proxy.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

i think it doesn't really matter if both apps are running on the same server.

i agree with Nic...you should have a look into your TMG log here.

i got a similar set up..

all atlassian apps on ajp proxy behind a loadbalancer. apps are linked.

unless you don't have any ssl misconfiguration within your apps is expect the issue is located in the TMG

update: check http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002110831/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2002110831 if there are some useful hints too

I'm using NTLM authentification delegation to pass the login credentails to the application (jira) behind the tmg.

for example

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2012

Are you using the public url or the localhost url? What is the error that you are getting when you try both? Are you using SSL?

moxin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

i am using public url to link the application, and no i am not using SSL.

here is the error it gives me

2012-12-03 13:50:35,667 http-bio-8998-exec-25 ERROR admin 830x56x1 leay5f xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /rest/applinks/1.0/applicationlinkForm/manifest.json [core.rest.ui.CreateApplicationLinkUIResource] ManifestNotFoundException thrown while retrieving manifest

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2012

I think you'll need to do some network tracing here - it's plain that your Jira cannot reach your Confluence, and vice-versa, and you need to open that up.

I'd start with a look at the logs to see if they are any more verbose on what the root of the error is, and then start with the basics on the server - log into the Jira server and see if you can use wget or curl or something to hit the Confluence URL - that should give you more error messages. What you do next is pretty much dependent on finding out exactly what the error messages the network is throwing back at the attempts to connect.

moxin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2012

ok sorry for late editing, both Jira and Confluence are on same server now, there are spereated by reverse proxy and can be accessed locally and online successfully.

But as our local network is behind TMG (Microsoft ForeFront Threat Management Gateway), we cannot make Application links. Any correct config for TMG specifically.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer