Jira backup & project restore - incorrect versions of plugins stored in the backup xml.

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

I did an export of our data, deleted a project, and then tried to import the project again (after making some changes to the xml), and I was stopped by an error that Grasshopper & the Groovy plugins were older versions in the xml, and newer versions in our installed Jira.

Only ten minutes had elapsed since I did the export to when I tried the project import; and nobody upgraded anything. Looking closer, the lines in the xml are indeed wrong, these are not the versions that are currently installed:

<PluginVersion id="11200" name="Atlassian GreenHopper" key="com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira" version="6.1.5" created="2013-04-02 23:41:47.273"/> <-- We have 6.1.6 installed

<PluginVersion id="11400" name="Script Runner" key="com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner" version="2.1.2" created="2013-04-02 23:41:47.293"/> <-- we have 2.1.3 installed.

I was able to get past this by editing the versions in the xml, and trying the import again. Did something go wrong in my last update of the plugin manager and Greenhopper/Groovy/et al?

I have a screenshot of the error, but I don't see how to attach screenshots to this system, just link to already hosted screenshots.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2013

Hey there, Kelly.

Could it be that plugin cache is not refreshed and therefore it is still storing the old plugin definitions? Let us try to flush out all the caches by performing the following steps:

• Shutdown JIRA instance
  • Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.osgi-plugins directory
  • Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.bundled-plugins directory
  • Delete the contents of JIRA Installation Directory\work directory
  • Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\changes directory
  • Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\comments directory
  • Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\entities directory
  • Delete contents of the JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\issues directory
  • Restart JIRA instance
  • Perform re-indexing

Hope this helps. Keep me posted on this matter.

Warm regards,

Danial

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2013

Thanks, I will try this.

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

This worked, thank you!

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2013

Hey there, Kelly.

You are most welcome. Glad to be able to help!

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

Grasshopper ?!? yeap, it's a good nickname ...

Suggest an answer