Jira automation plugin to update a date/time field

Sneha Sheth May 16, 2014

We have issues scheduled to be created every morning at 8am. We want the due dates on those to be set automatically, to be precise date as the day issue is created and time is fixed for each issue.

We tried using the Jira automation plugin for it. The audit log for the plugin says it executed the transition but when I look at the issue the field does not show up. My screen has the field in it and create, view as well as edit screens have that field. Can anyone help me with this? What am I missing here?

5 answers

0 votes
Hung Nguyen September 13, 2016

I got the similar request and faced the similar challenge that Automation plugin doesn't work with a date field. I tried to get $issue.duedate to copy the current value of the issue due date, but the target field got only the text, literally exact text string of '$issue.duedate'

How can we get the value of $issue.duedate in JIRA Automation rule, anyone know?

Thanks

Hung Nguyen September 20, 2016

I figured out that 

customfield_xxxx=$issue.dueDate

will work, even though the format text will be YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS.F

and we can not change it

0 votes
Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2015

As I just stumbled upon a quite similar challenge, I found following description within the Automation plugin:

• You can use the default fields, like: $issue.summary, $issue.description and $issue.assignee.name
  • You can use custom fields, by providing their ID, for example: $customfields.get(10000)
  • To assign a value to a customfield, you can use: customfield_10000=Example: $issue.summary
  • To prepend a value from a customfield before the summary, you could do use: summary=$customfields.get(10000) $issue.summary
  • Text and number fields are currently the only supported custom fields

So it seems, date fields are simply not supported... currently sad

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Please check in the custom field configuration. Is this field is configured with your project? or the customfield configured for global to all projects?

Sneha Sheth May 18, 2014

Hi Patina,

The field is only configured for my project and not globally for all. Thanks.

0 votes
Sneha Sheth May 18, 2014
Hi Patina, It is a date time picker which is a custom field Thanks, Sneha
0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2014

Hi Sneha,

Is the field is custom field or system field?

Thanks,

Patina

Suggest an answer