We have issues scheduled to be created every morning at 8am. We want the due dates on those to be set automatically, to be precise date as the day issue is created and time is fixed for each issue.
We tried using the Jira automation plugin for it. The audit log for the plugin says it executed the transition but when I look at the issue the field does not show up. My screen has the field in it and create, view as well as edit screens have that field. Can anyone help me with this? What am I missing here?
As I just stumbled upon a quite similar challenge, I found following description within the Automation plugin:
- You can use the default fields, like: $issue.summary, $issue.description and $issue.assignee.name
- You can use custom fields, by providing their ID, for example: $customfields.get(10000)
- To assign a value to a customfield, you can use: customfield_10000=Example: $issue.summary
- To prepend a value from a customfield before the summary, you could do use: summary=$customfields.get(10000) $issue.summary
- Text and number fields are currently the only supported custom fields
So it seems, date fields are simply not supported... currently
I got the similar request and faced the similar challenge that Automation plugin doesn't work with a date field. I tried to get $issue.duedate to copy the current value of the issue due date, but the target field got only the text, literally exact text string of '$issue.duedate'
How can we get the value of $issue.duedate in JIRA Automation rule, anyone know?
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG