Jira automation not working for a user

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

We've had jira automation working as one of our users. Now we've created a dedicated automatic response user and set it as admin for the project.

The automation plugin gives an error on running a transition "You do not have permission to assign issues."

When I login as that user and click the button for the transition, it works fine.

How can I get this working?

3 answers

0 votes
Stefan Krooshof May 19, 2016

The actor field is case-sensitive. In our case "Automation Bot" needed to be renamed to "automation bot". 

0 votes
Stefan Krooshof May 28, 2015

Same issue here. Log shows "You do not have permission to assign issues".

Created a user "Automation Bot", with all possible permissions within our JIRA instance. In my particular case it concerns a project for which service desk is enabled. The bot is also member of the service desk team. 

If I change the acting user, eg. to myself, there is no such error. 

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2015

I've run into the same problem. Haven't identified the cause. If you have, I would love to know. 

Suggest an answer