Jira automation - Create a ticket to log all task delivered

Gyllchrist AGO November 28, 2022

Hello,

I need to create in automation, a ticket that will allow to record all the tasks when a release is delivered.

Does the community have any ideas how on this can be done and if this is possible just using Jira Automation ? 

Thanks!

Sans titre.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Gyllchrist AGO 

If I understand your question, you want to:

• when a version is released
  • create a new issue, Task
  • and include in that new Task a list of all issues released with the version.

Is that correct?  If so, what problem are you trying to solve by doing this?  The version report already contains that information and so the need for this new Task is unclear.

What you ask is possible, using JQL on the released version and the Lookup Issues action.  Before you try that please explain the need so the community can offer suggestions.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Gyllchrist AGO 

I think you need to better describe your scenario.

You just want to see the some report with all the issues related to this version? 
You need to create via this automation ALL the issues related? 

Please clarify

Suggest an answer