Jira : associate screens to differents workflow steps

jeff ixi December 15, 2013

Dear all,

I'm newer on Jira and i'm blocked on the basic Jira 's configuration.

I've created a workflow but i need to used different screens in my workflow.

for example: i have 4 steps in my workflow

- open

-in progress

-UAT phase

-close

i need to have a screen different to each steps. How to to find this basic function in Jira?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

4 answers

0 votes
jeff ixi December 19, 2013

Sorry maybe i do not properly formulate my question.

I need to update the render list of "Component/s" standard field and "Fix version/s" standard field

Field/Field configuration/configure..

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

Not sure what you mean by update the render list. If you want to change the used renderer of those fields got to the field configuration and you have on the rigth of the fields the option "Renderers".

0 votes
jeff ixi December 19, 2013

Thanks for your answers, now i understand how it works !

Subsidiary question: I do not find where i can fill the content of the Standart field . "component/s, fix version..."

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

Go to projects and select your project. Then you have under summary Versions and Components. There you can manage both.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2013

Components and versions are maintained by the project administrators.

They can be found under the project summary screens (e.g. for project XYZ, start at http://your-jira/browse/XYZ)

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2013

You don't. You don't need different screens per step, as when you look at an issue, you use the "view" screen - the status is irrelevant. If you click edit, the status is also unimportant, so you just have the "edit" screen.

Moving between status is a different story, this is where you often do want a different screen. To do that, you associate different screens with the transitions. If you look at the default workflow, you'll see it has a "resolution" screen used by the resolve issue process for example.

Scott Rusby December 18, 2017

is this still the case as it seems restrictive. i would like to set different steps to have to have different data and equally there are things that you should not be able to edit or add until you are at a certain step. for example if an issue has been created but not added to the backlog yet or assigned to anyone it should not be able to be assigned to a version release (in our system) but later in the workflow we would want the version option.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer