Jira and continous integration

John Ryann May 9, 2015

we would like to have CI solution integrated with Jira. we are tageting jira, jenkins and anthill pro. the idea is to have a JIRA ticket created for build and deploy, this then will trigger jenkins to do build , followed by anthill pro do a deployment. is this do able ? how would typically automatic CI in Jira looks like? thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Gab Bautista May 11, 2015

Jenkins has a JIRA Plugin (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jira+Issue+Updater+Plugin), try it. We have implemented CI with my JIRA Instance in many ways, I can suggest my top 2 choice:

1.) Some of our Jenkins instances are configured to build on a certain time (all the developers know it) then we create a script to query all tickets with a custom field "Build Requested" = YES then JENKINS will include all those changesets committed to that ticket. Jenkins will then "comment" to the JIRA ticket if it was added to the build, if it's successfull.. failed.. etc

2) For those who do not poll, we develop a script that triggers a jenkins build on certain JIRA Ticket transitions (like when it's transitioned to "Ready for QA"). We have groovy scripts and shell scripts. We then put this script in the Workflow post-function.

Suggest an answer