Jira and Vaultive email encryption Edited

Our organization uses Vaultive email encryption (vaultive.com) which means that there is an encryption process in between the email content and the end user.

Given the same machine, same Secure IMAP server, same user name and password, same network access: Outlook and Opera Mail can access the account and access the messages un-encrypted. But Jira Server (hosted on that machine) and Jira Cloud only get encrypted text.

I have contacted Vaultive with this question. But I have wondering if anyone here has had some experience with Jira + Vaultive?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Atlassian support was not able to pin point a problem.

Neither could Vaultive support.

I personally suspect it's because the JavaMail library and an authenticated proxy (which is part of the Vaultive methodology) are not playing well. Because we tried accessing the same mailbox through many different applications, and it's always JavaMail-driven ones that fails. (https://javaee.github.io/javamail/FAQ#proxy)

Our solution in the end is a workaround: We are writing our own email handler. We used a C# mail library to retrieve mails (Vaultive + C# works fine), and C# Jira REST API to post to Jira as issues and comments.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,589 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you