Jira and Confluence integration

Fr0zt April 20, 2018

Hello.

I have installed JIRA and Confluence.

I've created some articles in Confluence.

In JIRa, if I login with a Jira admin I am able to access those arcticles by raising a request. But if I login with a regular user in JIRA (not admin) I cannot find them.

Any idea why?

In Confluence I have not set any restrictions in Confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2018

Hello Hugo,

Do you know if both Jira users have a Confluence license? What viewing access setting is selected in your Jira Service Desk project?

See this documentation, if "Only licensed users" is selected and your regular user doesn't have a Confluence license, then it's normal that he doesn't see any articles when raising a request.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Fr0zt April 20, 2018

Thank you for your answer.

My user (which can't access to Confluence article, from JIRA), doesn't have a Confluence License. In fact, when I go into that user properties, in application access, I only have the option "JIRA Service Desk" Checked. I don't have anything more.

So, how can I license that user for Confluence?

I've read those articles but I am still trying to find this answer.

PS: One way to work this around is to go into JIRA and set the option "All active users and customers can access the knowledge base whithout a Confluence license". Still I'd like to know how to License users (As an Admin).

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2018

To grant access to Confluence, it depends on whether you're on Cloud or Server version:

Let me know if it works!

- Manon

Like Eric Vook likes this
Fr0zt April 20, 2018

Ok, I've read that. So I have my Jira connected to an AD - Active Directory (LDAP). although the Confluence is not.

So If I connect Confluence to an AD (LDAP), every user in that AD, logged in JIRA, should be able to see the articles in Confluence?

1 vote
Yuval Gershfeld August 5, 2021

Hey @Fr0zt 

A great way to view your Confluence page in your Jira project is to use an addon like C4J that extends the basic functionality, and presents Confluence content directly in a Jira issue and seamlessly integrate Confluence into Jira. See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222263/c4j-content-display-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer