We are taking over a project from another team, that involves migrating their Jira and Confluence project databases into our environment. We've read the instructions on the standard Project Export/Import procedure, and they look clear to us, including the attachments transfer part. But the former team claims that we could lose some secondary information during the transfer.
Could you please clarify:
1. Is there a possibility that some information might be lost duting the Export/Import? We assume they've configured their Jira and Confluence instances to meet their needs (they are also using GreenHopper), but we believe they've only used the Administration UI for that, no direct database modifications.
2. Are there any extended staps we should undertake to transfer information details that aren't covered by the standard Export/Import procedure?
3. Are there any tools, scripts or other ways to check the Jira/Confluence database integrity and determine which pieces of data (if any) are referenced but actually missing after the import?
1. If they haven't got any hacks, then the export/import routine will include everything. You will not lose any data.
2. & 3. Which answers those two.
I'd ask what the former team thinks might go missing.
As long as you're using the standard routines on the same versions of Jira and Confluence (and you've already mentioned the attachments, so that's all good), then the only other thing is plugins - the data for those *should* come across as part of the main data, but just to be 100% sure, it would be worth making sure you have them installed in the new Jira/Confluence *before* you do the import (just fire them up empty and install the plugins in the UPM)
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs