Jira and Confluence compatibility

Trupti Gaikwad January 5, 2015

With JIRA 6.2.4 can we move ahead with Confluence with version 5.4.4? Which version is compatible with JIRA 6.2.4 or 6.2.6?

3 answers

0 votes

Currently we are on 5.2.8 and Wiki with 4.3.7, Atlassian suggested to move to 6.3 but we found our few important plugins are not compatible with JIRA 6.3 so checking JIRA 6.2 version and compatible Confluence version. With 6.2.6 we can move to Confluence 5.4.4 but when checked life of support thought to move to 5.5.

Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Hi, Ok got your point, So you can upgrade jira to 6.2.8 same way you can upgrade the confluence from 5.2.8 to 5.6.5 after upgrade Run 1. Migration from Wiki Markup to XHTML-Based Storage Format Which will take care of Wiki conversion. For your reference please check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migration+from+Wiki+Markup+to+XHTML-Based+Storage+Format

0 votes

I just checked the end of life of 5.4.4, so for that reason can you please suggest any Confleunce 5.5.? version? Will it be compatible with JIRA 6.2.6?

Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Hi, I don't know from where did you got this information, Ok you can use latest version of confluence i.e 5.6.5. I have some queries 1. Are you upgrading confluence / jira or they are fresh installation. If they are fresh installation then user jira 6.3.12 & confluence 5.6.5 as they are latest & bug fix.

0 votes
Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2015

Hi Trupti Gaikwad,

As per Atlassian both the version are compatible with the Confluence version 5.4.4. So you can select any one of them better to select 6.2.6 as their are certain bug fix in this version i.e updates and fixes  and also refer the Release+Notes for 6.2.6.

Thanks & Regards

Satyendra

Suggest an answer