Jira and Confluence compatibility

With JIRA 6.2.4 can we move ahead with Confluence with version 5.4.4? Which version is compatible with JIRA 6.2.4 or 6.2.6?

3 answers

Hi Trupti Gaikwad,

As per Atlassian both the version are compatible with the Confluence version 5.4.4. So you can select any one of them better to select 6.2.6 as their are certain bug fix in this version i.e updates and fixes  and also refer the Release+Notes for 6.2.6.

Thanks & Regards

Satyendra

I just checked the end of life of 5.4.4, so for that reason can you please suggest any Confleunce 5.5.? version? Will it be compatible with JIRA 6.2.6?

Hi, I don't know from where did you got this information, Ok you can use latest version of confluence i.e 5.6.5. I have some queries 1. Are you upgrading confluence / jira or they are fresh installation. If they are fresh installation then user jira 6.3.12 & confluence 5.6.5 as they are latest & bug fix.

Currently we are on 5.2.8 and Wiki with 4.3.7, Atlassian suggested to move to 6.3 but we found our few important plugins are not compatible with JIRA 6.3 so checking JIRA 6.2 version and compatible Confluence version. With 6.2.6 we can move to Confluence 5.4.4 but when checked life of support thought to move to 5.5.

Hi, Ok got your point, So you can upgrade jira to 6.2.8 same way you can upgrade the confluence from 5.2.8 to 5.6.5 after upgrade Run 1. Migration from Wiki Markup to XHTML-Based Storage Format Which will take care of Wiki conversion. For your reference please check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migration+from+Wiki+Markup+to+XHTML-Based+Storage+Format

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,254 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot