Jira & Slack Integration

harry.lee October 21, 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Jira Server for Slack application found here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220099/jira-server-for-slack-official?hosting=server&tab=overview

However, when I then proceed to try and connect to my Slack, I get the following error:

My Jira is currently hosted behind an Amazon loadbalancer which I would imagine could be causing this problem.

Does anyone know a fix that doesn't involve just removing the load balance from the equation?  

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2019

Hello Harry,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe that maybe your network/firewall or the own Load balancer could be blocking some addresses from Slack application, causing the integration to fail.

That being said, I suggest you follow the steps described in this documentation:

1. Check your proxy server: Make sure your proxy server supports SSL interception. We recommend referring to your product or service for details on how to configure the HTTP header.
  2.  Identify org IDs or workspace IDs: Reach out to your Customer Success Manager or contact Slack to get a list of your org and workspace IDs.
  3.  Configure the following 2 HTTP headers:
  4. Header 1: Add the header X-Slack-Allowed-Workspaces-Requester and set its value to the org or workspace ID representing your account. If this is not done first, the next header will not work.
    Header 2: Add the header X-Slack-Allowed-Workspaces and set its value to a comma-separated list of allowed org and/or workspace IDs. These represent the orgs and/or teams that need to be whitelisted. 

Let me know if it works for you.

Suggest an answer