Jira always exports to HTML

Johannes Harestad December 3, 2013

Seems like Jira exports to HTML even for excel and word, doesnt matter which format I choose, it's always the same file :(

I have the downloaded version, what can be wrong?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Nope, my bad. I works with Microsofts Office, but not any other program (that usually supports the xls files..)

EDIT: Looking for the delete button, if a admin sees this you can delete the thread if I haven't figured out how to do it on my own till then :)

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

Johannes,

Don't delete the thread, simply mark your question as answered by selecting your answer as the correct one.

Best regards,

Peter

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

Hey, not a problem, I've asked questions and worked out an answer before being given one.

This is actually quite a good question in some ways - I'd agree with Peter and ask you to leave it here, as someone else searching could find the information here useful!

0 votes

I am exporting a filter (list of issues). Using the export button which gives me a menu of options. For every option (excel, word, and so on expect PDF) I get the same file but a different file ending.

No program, not even google drive want to open to files..

I have the newest version of Jira I guess, installed two days ago (downloaded version)

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2013

Hi Johannes,

What are you exporting? An issue list?

How are you exporting it exactly?

Which version of Jira do you have installed?

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2013

The exports are not HTML, they're mostly XML, rather than (closed, incompatible, and proprietary) formats. The excel exports are XML containing tags saying "I'm a spreadsheet", the Word ones say "I'm for a word processor" and so-on.

There's nothing wrong with this, so I guess my question is what are you actually looking for or expecting?

Suggest an answer