Jira agile (Greenhopper) - query rights for board

Talk About September 9, 2013

Hi all,

when using the default jira rest api I have the possibility to query rights for projects or issues (rest/api/latest/mypermissions). Is there something similar for greenhopper boards? I found the rest url

https://jira.atlassian.com/rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/config

the result gives me also something like

"userConfig" : { "avatarUrl" : "https://{HOST}/secure/useravatar?size=xsmall&ownerId=ppowalla&avatarId=10701",
"canCreateBoard" : true,
"canCreateIssue" : true,
"canCreateProject" : false,
"displayName" : "John Doe",
"hasFiltersAccessible" : true,
"hasProjectsAccessible" : true,
"name" : "jdoe"
}

does this tell me if the current user has rights to create/start/complete sprints or do I have to to use another rest url to get this information?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Talk About September 9, 2013

For me it seems, that you need administrate rights for all projects that are included in the sprints issues. It's kind of a black box what rights are necessary, that's why I was looking for an API that tells me what actions can be performed.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2013

That is it. You can see more in JIRA Agile Permission. Not aware of any REST API on this.

Talk About September 11, 2013

This is at least a good hint how the right-structure works for Jira Agile, thanks for that. Still it is difficult to evaluate all these rights with the rest api when there is no public api for something like "can the current user create sprints on this board". Maybe the Jira Agile team can think about that when releasing the next version :)

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

AFAIK board permissions are determined by the permissions of the filter driving the board... but I could be wrong.

Suggest an answer