Jira administrator cannot install add-ons

OomStephan January 22, 2019

Good day

I am posting this again as my previous post was marked as spam.

I am trying install an add-on from the atlassian marketplace. This use to not be a problem, but now when I try, I only get the option to request add-on installation. Seems like somewhere along the line, the permission to install add-ons has been revoked

What permissions should I have in order to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am the only person in my company that use to be able to install add-ons.

Regards

Stephan van der Linde

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Hello,

Only Jira System Administrators can install add-on. Make sure that you are a System Jira Administrator in System -> Global permissions

Ah, I checked and there is no users in the system administrators group.

How do I add myself, as I am the Jira administrator for our company?

Thanks in advance.

OomStephan January 24, 2019

Thank you, this was the solution.

I proceeded to run queries on the jira database to add myself to the system-administrators group and that solved the problem.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

@OomStephan. hi!

Are you sure that this add-on is compatible wtih your jira? Check it once again.

You also can doenload jar on obr file and instal it from UPM. Hahe you tried this option.

Best regards, 

Vasiliy/

We are running Jira 7.12. I am pretty sure, the add-on I am looking for is Jira Enterprise Mail Handler.

I am not sure how to install from the jar file but I will look into it thank you.

Suggest an answer