Jira activity stream missing updates

Nick Skinner February 5, 2014

I am seeing a really strange problem in JIRA that I can't seem to solve. All my activity streams in JIRA are not updating properly. This includes the activity stream gaget on the dashboard, the activity stream for a specific user, and the activity stream for a specific project.

Some updates are showing up but many updates are missing from all active JIRA projects.

On the dashboard activity stream gaget the only filter I have active is to filter out confluence updates.

I am at my wits end with this problem. I have reindexed all the JIRA issues and ensured JIRA is not out of memory.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can try. I really need to get this problem fixed ASAP.

Thanks so much.

If it helps I am running:

JIRA Version - 6.0.1

Atlassian GreenHopper Version - 6.2.2.2

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Skinner February 9, 2014

I am going to go ahead and close this for now. Our JIRA instance was upgraded and I will reevaluate this problem and see if it is still occurring in the upgraded version. I will log a new issue if it is still occurring.

0 votes

Never mind. I guess comments aren't supposed to show in the issue history.

But regardless of that fact, I still have no idea why issues are missing from all the activity streams.

Anyone ever experienced this problem before.

Beth Brawley May 7, 2015

I am experiencing this problem also. Just some updates are missing from the stream. no pattern to it. Some are updates to Description, some are newly created jiras. Got me baffled. Just wondering if you ever resolved it.... Thx!

0 votes

Thank you for the reply Sameera. I checked the history on one the issues that isn't reporting in the activity streams. I noticed that in some cases ticket updates aren't being added to the ticket history.

For example on one of the problem tickets, a user added a comment to the issue. But that comment doesn't show in any activity steam or the issue history. What is going on I wonder?

The only change I can think of that was made in our JIRA instance recently was to use wiki markup for the description and comment fields. Could this be affecting the ticket history and associated activity streams?

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014
  • Check the issue history of individual issues where you think activity stream entries are missing.
  • Also, query the database for same. You can find history entries in CHANGEITEM and CHANGEGROUP tables.

These checks will get you a clue.

Suggest an answer