Jira activity stream gone from available streams section in activity stream gadget

josh smithey May 6, 2014

When setting up the activity stream gadget we had thre available streams available (Bonfire, Confluence, and JIRA) JIRA went missing from that list, but I was able to add it back after re-adding the gadget. However, the activity stream is not showing anymore and I go back in to the gadget and the JIRA Available Stream is gone once more.

What can I do to fix this and prevent it from happening again?

9 answers

2 votes
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2016

As detailed in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Activity+Stream+returns+One+or+more+activity+sources+were+slow+to+respond+and+are+not+included, certain 'providers' (e.g.: JIRA, Confluence, Tempo) can be banned if they consistently timeout. Even if JIRA is running the Activity Stream itself, if that consistently times out (say due to a bug, or problem with the data, or proxy / network problems), the provider will vanish.

There are a list of JIRA specific bugs that can cause this and also the bugs that track that there is no visible error in the KB.

2 votes
Laura Dolloff July 10, 2014

Another analagous problem -- Confluence had been available in our Available Stream list but just today it disappeared from all instances of Activity Stream gadgets. Deleting and re-adding the Activity Stream gadget to a dashboard did not return Confluence to the Available Stream list.

1 vote
Fabrizio Giustina April 24, 2015

May be related to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43069, just submitted

0 votes
Conor McCooey April 14, 2015

Having same issue as Nguyen. SInce upgrading to JIRA 6.4.1 the JIRA activity stream has gone missing.

/rest/activity-stream/1.0/config [atlassian.streams.internal.StreamsCompletionService] Registering failure for stream provider JIRA due to error other

Anyone from Atlassian got a resolution for this?

Cheers

0 votes
Nguyen Duc Thinh April 6, 2015

Hello,

I have the same issue when upgrade JIRA to version 6.4.1 (JIRA activity stream gone from available streams section in Activity Stream gadget). I see this error in log:

/rest/activity-stream/1.0/config [atlassian.streams.internal.StreamsCompletionService] Registering failure for stream provider JIRA due to error other

Any idea to fix it?

Thanks

Thinh Nguyen

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014

Hello everyone,

The streams for external applications which are available on the Activity Stream might be missing due to misconfiguration of the Application Link (e.g. SSL, proxy or AppLink settings) between JIRA and the other applications.

Unfortunately, it is not clear to me why the JIRA activity stream would disappear from JIRA itself without any deeper analysis.

In case you are facing such problems, I would recommend to create a ticket with Atlassian Support providing your logs (Support Zip), user affected and the timestamp when the problem occurred so we can investigate further to help you.

Cheers,

Danilo

Henning Hoefer August 7, 2014

This seems to be related to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37905– after a few Timeouts, the JIRA Activitiy Stream gets unregistered.

0 votes
Laura Dolloff July 10, 2014

Another analagous problem -- Confluence had been available in our Available Stream list but just today it disappeared from all instances of Activity Stream gadgets. Deleting and re-adding the Activity Stream gadget to a dashboard did not return Confluence to the Available Stream list.

0 votes
Svatopluk Šperka May 26, 2014

Analogous problem here – this time between JIRA and Stash. Stash activity stream does not show in gadget in JIRA. I've tried to re-link these applications but it did not change the situation.

0 votes
Deleted user May 8, 2014

I don't have an aswer but we see the same basic problem - JIRA disappears from the stream list so that it can't be selected. I'm mostly adding this comment in hopes that I'll be notified when someone actually answers.

Suggest an answer