Jira accounts without application access

Romer Ventura September 12, 2017

Hello,

Is there any limit or lifeterms for user accounts without any application access? Basically, if i create several user accounts without giving them any application access, will they be purged after a given time? 

The reason i ask, it's because all our customers are internal, and the only way to use SAML authentication with Azure AD is to have a non-customer account. Creating user accounts without any application access wont cause my license count to go up, and still use the SSO feature. 

I've tested this, but my concern is that, considering how Atlassian makes changes to the products, all of the sudden we would lose all those accounts without application access or get charged for the same accounts. 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Romer Ventura September 14, 2017

Well.... I think this might actually be changing with this product....

https://www.atlassian.com/enterprise/cloud/identity-manager

Maybe...

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2017

There shouldn't be any limits to the amount of time that an unlicensed user can exist within JIRA. It would be very shocking if Atlassian changed that. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2017

It's too deeply buried to be worth un-picking, and there are far too many big clients it would break things for (for exactly the reasons Romer mentions, as well as others).  It's not going to change.

Romer Ventura September 12, 2017

Good to know. Seems i am not the only one with the particular reason noted, and perhaps too disrupting to the product as you mention. 

Thanks for the comments

Suggest an answer