Jira access problem error page

Simon Li May 18, 2017

I recently set up a Jira test environment and had it up and running for 1-2 weeks without issues.  As of May 14th, Jira has encountered some fatal error that does not allow it to start up.2017-05-18 n0wjirap01 - access error.pngI have looked at the logs on the 14th but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

Any ideas on what has gone wrong/how to fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2017

Nope.  There's a big clue in the description though - the last line tells you to check the logs - they will tell you why it cannot start up.

Read them, and if it's a clear message, you should be able to fix it.  If you're not sure what they're telling you, then add the details of what the log says here, and we can try to interpret them.

You should find near, or at, the end of it something saying "jira is locked", we'll need to see a block of the errors occuring just before that.  Generally, work your way back up through the log looking for the more English lines of log.

Simon Li May 22, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply.  I've looked at the log but can't figure out what the underlying issue is.  I'm trying to attach part of the log from 04:17:50 onwards but keep getting an "Error - Your reply was not accepted.  Please check for inappropriate language or spam."  Any ideas how to get around this as all I'm doing is copying and pasting the log details in.

Regards,

Simon

Suggest an answer