Jira: Your issue has been created but is not currently visible

Saru Thiagarajan May 17, 2014

This prohibits me from adding stories to my backlog. Please help!

11 answers

4 votes
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

Hi Saru,

please, could you check your board filter (Board->Configure->Filters) ? Are you sure that your issue matches your board filter?

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Saru Thiagarajan May 18, 2014

Indeed.

The filter is:

project = ENCORE AND issuetype in (Bug, Epic, Improvement, "New Feature", Story, Task, Sub-task, "Technical task") AND status in ("In Progress", "In Review", "To Do") ORDER BY Rank ASC

And when I click on the "Edit Filter query" link, I can see all the valid Jiras. The fact is that these Jiras are my backlogs :)

Thanks for your assistance and look forward to hearing back from you.

Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

Hi Fabio,

That link was really helpful. When I create a new project (test) and then create a new board (test), I can see success i.e. the new story jiras created on test project lands on the new test backlog. Great!

So, I modified the query to add project in (test, Engineering) AND ..... and it worked like a charm.

But don't have the sucess on the existing board using Engineering project. You're for sure earning some good Karmas. What do you think the problem could be?

Thanks,

T.Saru

Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2014

Hi Saru,

if you see your issues into the board filter, I really don't know why they don't appear into your backlog board. The last try is to delete your browser cache and try to load again your board. Sorry but if it doesn't fix your issue you could open a support ticket to agile team at the following link https://support.atlassian.com/.

Best Regards,

Fabio

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Hi Saru,

you can also check your column-status-mapping. (Configure Board > Columnns). Maybe the Status of your new issue doesn't belong to a column?

Kind regards
André

2 votes
jbburf January 5, 2017

I get this same issue after migrating to a new Workflow. Now all of the backlog and issues in all of my sprints have disappeared in "Backlog" and everything that I create gives me a toast saying that it is not visible. I am able to see all issues under "Issues" but everything under status "Open" is not visible.

The answers don't seem to work. Board -> Configure -> Filters does not exist and I've checked that I have the permission to browse my projects.

1 vote
Girish_Kulkarni May 13, 2020

Hello All,

After creating workflow or making chnages to workflow and reflecting it in the other dashboard / kanban board. 

Eventually i created a issue / task in Jira and assigned it to me but it was not getting displayed under the sprints / User Stories or in Backlog.

I was also facing issue with Issues getting created but not getting visible on board "Your issue ODS-21 has been created but is not currently visible."

I have got few details of the resolution as below:

1. Go to Backlog Board - >Board settings  -> Columns.

I saw only 3 columns as TODO | IN PROGRESS | COMPLETE

On the right side of the screen under Unmapped Status , I could see the additional columns that i created for workflow / kanban board. 

All what we need to do here is map the unmapped status columns to your board and the problem of "Your issue ODS-21 has been created but is not currently visible." should get resolved.

Eesha Kishan June 23, 2021

Thank you for this Girish. This actually worked for me. 

1 vote
Zubin Thomas October 25, 2018

I tried all the above but it didn't work.

Finally went to "Issue Security Scheme" (Project Settings > Issue Security > Actions > Edit Issue Security > Add (in the Actions column))

Add the required User/Group/Project Role to Issue Security Level

and click on Save.

This must also be checked.

Why can't things be straight forward :( ???

1 vote
jbburf January 5, 2017

Thanks I looked into filters and JQL but neither seemed to work. It turns out that this can be fixed by mapping unmapped status to columns in board settings. This is found by going to: Boards -> View all boards -> Board settings (on the appropriate board) -> Columns -> and then dragging any new statuses that have been created in your workflow to the correct column ("To Do", "In Progress" or "Done).

Very convoluted and confusing but it does work to fix the issue and must be done every a new status (via Workflow) is applied to a board.

Alex Palermo May 7, 2020

Perfect !  Thanks.

Tarkan KAYA July 20, 2020

Straight to the point answer. Thank you.

Rajeev Kumar April 13, 2021

It worked. Thank you!

0 votes
Joshua Agbabiaka August 3, 2020

How i solved this was;

1. Check the project workflow: (Project Settings - >Workflow) 
This basically dictates what tickets show on the board and in the backlog.

2. Change the status of the newly created ticket not visible in the backlog or board to match any of the workflow status. 

0 votes
Jain Vidhya Rajathi R April 26, 2019

Check the available statuses associated to this project and check the board settings. If any of the statuses found unmapped, then map the items to any of the mapped statuses. Refresh the backlog now and proceed.

0 votes
Roni Ben Aharon September 12, 2018

Faced the same issue. What resolved it in my case was to map "Open issues" type into one of the columns (Board -> Configure -> Columns)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2017

Yes, adjust the rules on what you see on your board.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2017

It comes back to the same thing.  Look at the board's filter to see what it should be showing you.  Be clear about where you are seeing things - a JIRA filter (JQL) will show you what you ask for, but boards, reports and summaries can be doing more proecessing that you need to take into account.

The simple answer though - "Your issue has been created but is not currently visible" means what it says.  You have just created an issue that does not match the rules for what you have chosen to see on your board.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2014

Check who has "browse project" in the project permissions. You'll find that you've granted yourself "create", but not "browse".

Also check the project's security scheme, if it has one.

Hi Nic,

Browse Projects (Ability to browse projects and the issues within them) is Project Role (Users)

And I'm part of below group
administrators
balsamiq-mockups-editors
developers
jira-developers
jira-users
site-admins
users
Still not able to see the tickets in backlogs. I even did a re-index after the changes.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2014

Ok, so

• You have project role "users" able to see the project.
  • You're in a number of specific groups
  • You need to check who is in the role of users next - are there any groups in the role?

Best of all, could you try adding yourself to the role explicitly?

I'd also look carefully at who has Create Issue in the permission scheme - is that the same as the browse settings?

Suggest an answer