It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Webhook Refresh

Hi. I have a problem with webhook refreshing. I'm using Rest API for other integration.

As it written in documentation every webhook created by Rest API should be refreshed every 30 days, otherwise they expire. 

I found no refresh endpoint for my case (other integrations). Will it extend webhook expire date if I make http put on  https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/rest/webhooks/1.0/webhook ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario Atlassian Team Nov 01, 2019

Hello @Alan Slender ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not sure I have a correct understanding of what you are asking for.

Is it that you have some webhooks registered in your Jira but not all of them are returned when calling the GET /rest/api/2/webhook endpoint or anything else? Can you kindly provide more details?

Specifically, make sure to clarify:

1. What do you mean with "other integration"? (Do you mean that you are not building an app but just using webhooks and REST APIs to integrate with other systems or anything else?)
  2. What do you mean with "I found no refresh endpoint"? 

Cheers,
Dario

Hello @Dario , thanks for fast answer.

I'm just using webhooks and REST APIs to integrate with other system.   

other_integrations.png

I have registrated webhook and according to documentation I need to refresh it once in 30 days.

refresh.png

I found only one endpoint to do it, but it requires connect apps permission.

I don't need to create connected app. So how I can solve this problem?

refreshEndpoint.png

What if make PUT /rest/webhooks/1.0/webhook/{webhookId} ?

Will this refresh my webhook ?  If not what should I do?

Dario Atlassian Team Nov 01, 2019

Hi @Alan Slender ,

Thanks for clarifying, I was not sure this was indeed the case.

The documentation is a bit unclear indeed, but please notice that the REST API endpoint that you use to register webhooks for "other integrations" is different than the one used to register connect apps and does not need to be refreshed.

This is mentioned in the section named "Registering a webhook":

And indeed:

So, to summarize: it is not needed to refresh webhooks that have not been created from a Connect App. 

Cheers,
Dario

@Dario awesome, thanks :)

Like Dario likes this
Dario Atlassian Team Tuesday

You are very welcome! :)

Please do not hesitate opening another thread in case of any other question or concern.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

872 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you