Jira Validator: required fields shoud be marked before the transition screen will be updated

ITST November 13, 2013

Hello everybody,

we have a problem with jira 6 and the missing javascript possibility.

In jira 5 we have used the jira suite validator for configuring required fields during the workflow transitions. It works fine but it was not possible, to see the required fields, on the first opening of the transition mask. The user has to enter the transition button in the view and if a field was required and not set, then the information appeared that this field was required.

I have used a little javascript function to show the "red *" on this fields, that the user knows, which field is required and it worked but in Jira 6 it's not possible anymore to use javascript on customfields from other plugins and this is a big problem for us.

On every mask in the www it's default to see the mandatory fields from the beginning with the "red *" so that the user knows, which field is important and need to be set and now I haven't any possibility to mark this fields in jira.

That's why I am asking, if it's possible to include this to the plugin of the required function?

It must be possible anyway to get a solution for this?

Please help me.

BR Elke

2 answers

0 votes
ITST November 13, 2013

Ok. I will do that. Thank you

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

You could ask the plugin developer for a new feature at

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/browse/JSUTIL

Suggest an answer