Jira Upgrade 8.20 plugin changes

J Manas Kumar January 12, 2022

hi Team

i want to know what are the plugins which will be affected in jira 8.20.2 upgrade.

are we upgrading script runner version as well? 

i got through the details in confluence, but unable to know about plugins and script runner changes.

please help me to find it out.

1 answer

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hey @J Manas Kumar 

You can check that in "Jira Update Checker" on your instance. Usually plugins version update might be there apart from that compatible plugin should function as it is.

You may have to upgrade script runner plugin also if it says to do so in the Update checker.

Scirptrunnner changes when you refer what version are you in ?. If you are already 8.x version of Jira those scripts will function as is without any changes.

If you are on 7.x version you may have to do few modifications please check this link out https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.6.8/jira/releases/UpgradingToJira8.html

Let me know if there are any other queries

Regards,

Vishwas

@Vishwas we have script runner 6.23 version, but i am not able to find it out the update checker in the manage apps section.

how to know that in the newer Jira 8.20 version are we getting new script runner version as well?

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

Hey @J Manas Kumar 

Send the screenshot of "Manage Apps" section bottom section.

Meanwhile you can check the compatible scriptrunner version against Jira here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira/version-history

Looks like you already in Jira 8.x so you are fine, script changes may not be required.

Regards,

Vishwas

i find it in my UAT but not able to find it in PROD. i think they have hidden it on purpose.

by the way thanks a lot for your help.

@Vishwas 

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2022

Yes, it would require a Jira System Admin Permission to view that option.

You are welcome :)

Suggest an answer