Jira Update - Broke purge contents of a field in my workflow

We had a working workflow where it would purge the contents of the Field Assignee. Now we are getting an error whenever it gets to that trigger. Is there something else I need to do now?

1 answer

0 votes

That sounds like a failure to update a plugin. If you're using OnDemand, I'd contact OnDemand support right away. If not, then what function is your workflow using?

Sorry, was trying to tell you what function. An Assignee is not required

Um, yes, you said most of that already.

I did have one other thought - have you been changing any other configurations? Such as whether the assignee is mandatory or not?

I created a ticket for it on Jira Tech Support. Since the update, the post function Clear Field Value: Assignee, is not working. Gives error: "Unable to purge contents of field - assignee - Assignee".

Oh, sorry, I completely misread that. "Clear Field Value: Assignee" - that's one of the standard built-in ones, so I really would expect it to work (especially with non-required assignees).

One last related question - you do have "allow unassiged users" set? I'm assuming you probably do, but need to ask!

Yes.

Allow unassigned issue: ON

Bother! The next step is to start reading logs, and look for patterns, but that's not really possible on OnDemand. I'm a bit stuck now I'm afraid!

:-/ ya. Thanks though! I'm working with them in Tech support for jira.

I'll update this when there is an answer.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,445 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you