Jira Update - Broke purge contents of a field in my workflow

Kathleen Jacobs March 25, 2013

We had a working workflow where it would purge the contents of the Field Assignee. Now we are getting an error whenever it gets to that trigger. Is there something else I need to do now?

2 answers

0 votes
Ahmed_Ali_Zafar October 3, 2019

I have the same issue. What was the resolution? I am not clear on this. I am using JIRA version 7.13.6.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Check the functions on the workflow transition that is not working, and if they look like they should be working, contact Atlassian Support 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2013

That sounds like a failure to update a plugin. If you're using OnDemand, I'd contact OnDemand support right away. If not, then what function is your workflow using?

Sorry, was trying to tell you what function. An Assignee is not required

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2013

Um, yes, you said most of that already.

I did have one other thought - have you been changing any other configurations? Such as whether the assignee is mandatory or not?

I created a ticket for it on Jira Tech Support. Since the update, the post function Clear Field Value: Assignee, is not working. Gives error: "Unable to purge contents of field - assignee - Assignee".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2013

Oh, sorry, I completely misread that. "Clear Field Value: Assignee" - that's one of the standard built-in ones, so I really would expect it to work (especially with non-required assignees).

One last related question - you do have "allow unassiged users" set? I'm assuming you probably do, but need to ask!

Yes.

Allow unassigned issue: ON
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2013

Bother! The next step is to start reading logs, and look for patterns, but that's not really possible on OnDemand. I'm a bit stuck now I'm afraid!

:-/ ya. Thanks though! I'm working with them in Tech support for jira.

I'll update this when there is an answer.

Suggest an answer