Jira Ugrade: Add-On "EazyBI"-"License is not valid for this version of the add-on..."

Ed Richard June 14, 2022

Question about how to proceed in this scenario: (not interested in maintenance.. just the basic product license)

My group currently uses Jira v7.2.2 with a working EazyBI add-on but we are upgrading to 8.20.5 (on a separate staging server currently)

When I applied the currently valid EazyBI add-on license (v4.7.3) to 8.20.5 (where it was auto updated to (v6.4.2), I got the error: 

(exact same license key is on both servers right now)

"License is not valid for this version of the add-on, please update to valid license key"

My question about options from here are:

- Do I need to re-purchase from scratch on new server?

- Is it an upgrade process I need to go through now?

- Are there other options or steps to get a valid license working in our new Jira 8.20.5?

2 answers

0 votes
Oskars Laganovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hi Ed,

Since you were using an old version, you missed the eazyBI app listing changes in June 2021.
In short - you need to undergo an upgrade process.

You might read more about that here - ​https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/set-up-and-administer/atlassian-cloud/eazybi-app-listing-changes-in-atlassian-marketplace.

If you use several eazyBI instances in different Jira environments - staging and production - you should use a separate eazyBI database for each instance to avoid data corruption.

​Regards,
​Oskars / support@eazyBI.com

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

@Ed Richard Hi

It looks like both eazyBI apps are trying connect to the same database. Please check if both instances (prod, test) have different database.

Regards,

Seba

Ed Richard June 14, 2022

Do they need to be different databases?

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

It's better to have separate databases. In worst scenario you will make huge change in EazyBI on test and this change will affect production data.

Ed Richard June 27, 2022

thanks much...

Suggest an answer