Jira Toolkit disables itself when custom fields screen is navigated to

paul vinter November 13, 2013

The titles says it all really.

Jira toolkit is enabled (I have reindexed) until I navigate to the Custom Fields screen at which point no new custom fields are seen. Once I navigate back to the plugins page Jira Toolkit is disabled.

I have tried this with 2 browsers open too and the same happens only when I navigate to the Custom Fields screen - has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

Paul

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

An update - I have disabled all the individual fields I do not require in Jira Toolkit, leaving only the two I do need (the messaging fields) and it no longer does this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2013

That's a bit of a giveaway that it's a broken field of some sort.

0 votes

Thanks, as a related aside to conclude, did you ever get the Message fields to work? I have setup a very simple instance, with text in the field setup, placing an alert field on a screen where the system says it should be visible and it is not.

Many threads here seem to indicate it is temperamental.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2013

They work fine, as long as you aren't trying anything clever in them like javascript or anything that would normally be kept in an html header etc. I wouldn't try anything more than <some text and/or tables with some formatting>

They can go quite horribly wrong if your html is sloppy and malformed though. One trick to test for this is to enclose your entire block in <div> tags

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2013

What version of Jira and the Toolkit are you using?

I ask because that description sounds like something I managed to do in Jira 4.0 once before the velocity fields were removed. It turned out I'd created a template that was doing bad things, and the plugin was crashing so badly, Jira disabled it.

Suggest an answer