Jira/Tomcat connecting to Oracle

Robert Kessen January 13, 2013

I have been told that there is an acknowledged issue with Jira/Tomcat connecting to Oracle 11g when multiple users attempt to login. We have experienced this -- the system hangs and has to be restarted. We are considering moving to SQLServer but would rather not. Is this indeed a known bug, and does Jira/Tomcat work better with SQLServer?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Kessen January 21, 2013

There was little response to this, so maybe it is not an issue with anyone else. I may follow-up with Atlassian support.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2013

Um, the response was some questions, which you've not fed back with. I think that's why no-one else contributed - we didn't have enough info.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2013

Hmm, ok, where did you see this suggestion that there's a problem wiht Jira/Tomcat and 11G? What are the symptoms (what does the log file say?)

Are you using the right Oracle drivers?

Have you raised this with Atlassian support? As Tomcat and 11G are supported for Jira, they should help you

Suggest an answer