Jira Timesheet plugin - Show entries created by user

TEAM_EBS Lufthansa Technik January 15, 2013

Hi, nice plugin, but we're forced by our works concil to set the field "Show entries created by user" inactive.

Is there a way to set this field inactive or invisible with the current user as default value?

Best regards

Ralph

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Hi Ralph,

You can remove that property (targetUser) manually in atlassian-plugin.xml, update the jar and reinstall it.

Note, there is Pivot report also which will show all users worked hours, so you might want to remove whole projectpivot section from the xml too.

Thank you.

TEAM_EBS Lufthansa Technik January 16, 2013

Hi Andriy,

thanks for quick answering, but the solution you posted yesterday doesn't work. I've unpacked the jar file, removed the whole property containing the key targetUser from the file atlassian-plugin.xml, rebuild the jar file with java's jar reinstalled the plugin and finaly I've restarted Jira. But the field is still available and it is still working.

I found a workarround by removing the references to this key in the timesheet-gadget.xml and the gadget.xml, so that the values I put into this field are ignored, but it might be more usefull if the field is not visibile.

Best regards

Ralph

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi Ralph,

You've done everyting correctly, including JIRA restart, it's really needed to notice the changes. But those instructions were for the report :) If you'd like to remove corresponding gadget setting, you need to edit timesheet.gadget.js, find getDescriptor function, then this line in it:

descriptor.fields.splice(2,0

and remove first object in it, the following one:

{
            userpref: "user",
            label: getMsg("gadget.pref.label.user"),
            type: "text",
            value: gadget.getPref("user")
            },

Note, removing references to targetUser in gadget.xml timesheet-gadget.xml are also needed then.

And once again, have you seen Timesheet and Pivot reports in the Project reports section? You might want to take care of them, as in my first comment.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer