Jira Tickets and Stash

Aaron Golub April 21, 2014

I have 2 questions:

When my users commit to a Stash/Git repo using a Jira Issue number for tracking, the commit history only shows up if they write out the Jira Issue number exactly as it is in Jira...for example, FAST-1231. Can we somehow set it up so that this is not case sensitive?

When users create a branch from a Jira issue, the branch gets named after the Issue # and the title of the issue - "feature/IT-14-updating-submodules-to-php4.3" Ovbiously we can delete the "updating-submodules-to-php4.3" postion, but it would be far more ocnvenient if these branches would default to just being named after the Issue # alone. Can that be done?

Let me know, thanks!

A

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

Hi Aaron, as for question #1 it's not configurable. The keys need to match exactly, you may suggest this as an improvement at jira.atlassian.com

As for question #2, some improvement to this feature are already on our list. I believe this one would work for this case, right? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34694

Cheers

Suggest an answer